Join us Sunday!

Holy Eucharist & Sunday School 10am

Our History

The Church of Epiphany began as a small parish founded by an insurance agent who, while visiting policy holders in Euclid, found many fellow Episcopalians interested in forming a mission.

 

First congregation at Shore High School, 1928March 4, 1928 - First worship service was held in the gymnasium of Shore High School. Attended by 38 adults and 19 children

December 1928 - Bishop Leonard made his first visit, during the Epiphany season and suggested the mission be called The Church of the Epiphany

1931 - Ground breaking of the Church building began, led by the first minister, Rev. Maxwell Dowell

Easter 1933 - The first service held in the new Church, officiated by the second minister of Epiphany, Rev. Allen Roe

January 5, 1947 - Epiphany was incorporated as Parish of Epiphany in the City of Euclid

Dedication of the new wing 1962January 13, 1947 - First annual parish meeting was held

May 1952 - The cornerstone was laid for a 42 foot expansion

November 7, 1962 - Bishop Burroughs dedicated a new addition to the Church. It included the Christian Education wing, Administrative offices, Guild Room, new kitchen, Sexton's quarters and the remodeling of the Chancel.

1978 - Epiphany celebrated its 50th anniversary by dedicating new needlepoint cushions and kneelers

2003 - Epiphany celebrated its 75th anniversary

Youth Group 1930 Interior shot of the original church building Exterior of the church 1950s